Thursday, April 12, 2012

A new weekly feature: The Week In Photos

Pin It Now!

I'm a major fan of photography.  I'm a photographer's daughter, photographer's wife, photographer's sister-in-law, and a photographer's friend many times over.

And I'm a wannabe. 


Photography is a natural part of life for me.  When I was in 5th grade my dad and I made a pinhole camera out of a cylindrical oatmeal box for my science project.  We covered the bathroom windows with black trash bags to block out all light and turned the entire bathroom into a darkroom, developing photos in the bathtub.  It was spectacular.  I wish we had kept that camera.  (Daddy, wanna re-create??  Summer project!)

I'm constantly taking photos, usually of things that most people would find insignificant.  I take bazillions of photos of our dog, Chico.  I love capturing things like flowers, a sunset, or clouds on any given day.  There's something about the fact that each of those things are infinitely unique that makes it impossible for me not to grab my camera or phone and snap away.  Things change from one minute to the next, so I absolutely have to take that photo of the waves now, so that in 3 minutes when the set has set even lower, and the light has gone from a delicious red-orange to a dull grey, I can reflect on what it looked like.  Tomorrow may bring another stunning sunset, but it won't be exactly the same as this one.


As I was perusing through the 3,500+ photos on my phone (sheesh, I really do like to take pics, don't I?) it occured to me that I should share some of them with you.  At least the somewhat good ones.  Each week (that's the idea, anyway) I will put together a group of the good shots from the week for you to enjoy.  Or laugh at.  I can't promise anything earth shattering, and I can't promise that there won't be a dozen of Chico each week, but they will offer a little snippet of our lives. 

So with that, I give you Easter Week in photos...









 PS - I had planned to post this days ago.  But I forgot.  Pretend it's this past Monday again, okay?
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. ohmygosh!! you got some incredible, beautiful, stunning, amazing photos!! I'm glad you're gonna post them!!! LOOOOOVE seeing them!! Keep up the good work!! Love love love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...