Friday, March 2, 2012

Rosemary Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Pin It Now! Sweet potatoes.  You either love 'em, or hate 'em.  I happen to love them.  I'll take them any way I can get them; baked, boiled & mashed, tossed in olive oil & roasted... or the truly sinful sweet potato fries.  Sweet potato fries send me into a feign-like frenzy, so if you're around when a basket of those are involved I recommend you keep your hands a safe distance away.

Today's post, however, isn't about sweet potato fries.  It's about the delicious balance between tangy balsamic and sweet, creamy sweet potatoes, complimented by earthy, aromatic rosemary.  Oh my, that sounded romantic, didn't it?


Pretty mixing bowls make everything taste better.


This was so simple to put together, they were in the oven roasting away in no time.  Hmm, maybe this could be doctored up into a sweet potato salad?  I'm open to ideas!  I used two pretty large potatoes, which yielded enough for about 4 servings.


Rosemary Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
salt & pepper
Rosemary (dried or fresh - I used about 2 tsp dried)
3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar, more or less depending on your preference

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl until potatoes are completely coated.
Spread out on the baking sheet in a single layer.  Roast for approx 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...