Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Southwestern Quinoa Quesadillas

Pin It Now!


We are on quite the quinoa kick lately, let me tell you.  Hubby can't get enough of it, and I'm pretty smitten myself.  Forgive me, but I didn't measure a thing when I put this together.  The amounts can vary depending on your taste preference, so just experiment til it suits your fancy.


Like I've said before, quinoa is like a blank canvas.  Feel free to omit/switch ingredients as you see fit.  I was feeling a bit dangerous so I even added a teensy bit of hot sauce.

Southwestern Quinoa
Cooked quinoa
Shredded cooked chicken
Roasted corn
Small tomato, diced
Black beans, drained and rinsed
Edamame (you can find ready-to-eat at Trader Joe's)
Red onion, finely diced
Cilantro, chopped finely
Lime
Hot sauce (optional)

Combine quinoa through cilantro in a mixing bowl.  Squeeze the juice of one lime over the whole thing, salt and pepper to taste.

This is great just on its own, but even better in a quesadilla.  Heat a griddle or skillet on medium heat.  Sprinkle shredded cheese (any melty cheese that you like) on top of a tortilla on the griddle.  Spread some quinoa mixture on and top with some more cheese before you put on the top tortilla.  Grill until the cheese is ooey gooey and enjoy!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...